How to enter
When entries are open:
1. Click on the SCHEDULE (at right) to to see which sections you would like to enter. There is no limit on the number of sections you can enter. Read our RULES AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY in our SCHEDULE.
2. When entries are open, go to STARDOM to register. Select the Discipline(s) you want and select the sections you wish to enter. Pay by credit card. [See below for other options to pay.]
3. Await your Notice of Appearance for confirmation of date and time and any instructions.
4. If you are using our Official Accompanist, make contact before 20th July to provide them the accompaniment sheet music. Organise rehearsals with them as necessary (note: rehearsals are not covered by your entry fee.) More details here.
5. Two weeks before the Festival, go back into Stardom and check your entry to make sure you have the correct Title and Composer of the piece you wish to play.
If you are entering an Ensemble, please fill out a sketch plan of your stage layout to help our volunteers.
6. Arrive at the Festival Registration Desk with a copy of your sheet music for the Adjudicator with bars numbered.
(If you are using the Accompanist, bring a copy of the piano accompaniment as well).
PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE, as once the section starts you will not be allowed to register and perform (unless prior arrangement has been made with the Discipline Registrar).
7. If you have prepurchased a Festival Programme either via STARDOM or TRYBOOKING, please bring your invoice or ticket to give the programme seller in exchange for the Festival Programme.
Payment by Credit Card
The easiest way to pay is by credit card when you register on STARDOM. It is also our Treasurer's preferred method! You receive an instant acknowledgement of your payment via email and you can use the invoice as a record of all the Disciplines and sections you have entered.
Rule No. 15. No entry fee will be refunded unless a section is cancelled.
So please check your dates and choose your sections very carefully!
Payment by Direct Debit
In STARDOM, select the Discipline(s) you want and select the sections you wish to enter.
Follow the prompts and until you get to the end and you can view your invoice. Save your invoice and note the invoice number.
DIRECT DEBIT DETAILS: Bendigo Bank BSB No. 633-108, Account No. 130 830 052.
Please include your name and WME invoice number to allow us to attribute the payment as being from you.
Please send a screen capture of the payment to your Section Registrar so we can mark your entry as PAID.
Any queries? CONTACT US!
If you are performing from memory, and wish to submit your original publication for the Adjudicator, please ensure your book is clearly marked with your name. We have had so many music books lost or accidentally taken by others, and we cannot be held responsible for these losses. For this reason, we prefer that you submit photocopies.
Make sure all your music selections are from original, published sheet music that you own, or that are in the public domain.
Photocopies of your sheet music are to be used by the Adjudicator and/or the Accompanist only. These copies will not be returned to you, but will be destroyed after the competition in accordance with Copyright Regulations, so please do not ask for your photocopies to be returned to you.